July 6, 2020 | oregon | Pacific Rim
10 Things to Do During A Rainstorm
Sometimes, being “stuck” inside during a rainstorm is the best way to spend the day. Doing what? Glad you asked!
- Pick up something you forgot you started. This could be an old scrapbook you never quite finished, a poem you’ve been stuck on, or a book that’s collecting dust. Pop open a bottle of crisp Pinot Gris for inspiration.
- Clean. Just think about how a clean refrigerator or fresh laundry will make you feel tomorrow, when you have less free time. A personal favorite? Purging the closet. Trying on old things that you thought were fashionable, only to question your judgment, is a great way to make room for new things to come.
- Work out. If there isn’t lightning outside, try going for a jog in the rain. You will feel a sweet kind of tired and satisfied-- trust us. Or pop on a video and get sweaty.
- YouTube a hairstyle and try it out.
- Find a writing prompt online. Using a search engine, look for “random writing prompt generator” and see what comes up. Write about it for five minutes and move on to a different prompt.
- Shop for a birthday gift. Odds are, someone in your life has a birthday that is fast approaching. By doing it ahead of time, you can wrap and make the gift much more personal than if you waited until the last minute. Better yet, let your crafty side out and make one.
- Listen to an album that was your favorite in high school. This will make you laugh, cry, and probably ask yourself why you stopped listening to it.
- Call an old friend. Texting may be easier, but nothing replaces a phone call.
- Sit outside. If you have a porch, listen to the sound of the rain. Nothing beats that serene sound.
- Treat yourself. Enjoy some aptly-named Rainstorm Wine. You can combine this one with any of the activities above. Our Pinot Gris has an aromatic honey-blossom flavor that will make you feel at once relaxed and refreshed. Just like a good rainstorm.