Best Spring Activities (Involving Wine)
After a long cold winter, finally, we are into spring. The weather is getting warmer, the birds have returned, and the grass is starting to regrow. This is ideal for some of the best spring activities and one of the best times of the year for people who love the outdoors because the weather is just perfect. There are all types of activities one can do during spring, but this can be made more enjoyable when celebrating with wine. Here is a brief list of some spring wine activities that you can complement with your favorite wine.
- Gardening: Tending plants and digging in the dirt is hard work and tiresome. After a long winter, most gardens need a lot of work, including discarding all the junk and debris that has accumulated. If you garden, start the activity early in the morning when it is not too hot. We're not going to judge if you have some wine before noon, but it feels better to reward yourself in the afternoon after the garden looks great. Work until midday and then end the activity with an outdoor wine event. Since you will be both thirsty and hungry, make sure you also have some water and snacks available. Set up an umbrella in the garden and enjoy the wine party with your family. This will help make gardening fun and exciting.
- Fishing: Spring is a time when bass, catfish, and rainbow trout are most active. If you love to fish, this is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors. An iconic wine scene from a classic novel: when Jake Barnes cools off his wine in the Spanish Irati River waters in Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises. You can make fishing even better by packing a picnic basket and some wine. However, if you take wine, better to be certain of the local alcohol laws; especially if you're fishing on a boat. In most states, wine is permitted on a boat, but the amount is limited. You surely cannot operate a boat while intoxicated. If you follow the local alcohol laws, combining fishing with wine will be one of the best outdoor activities you can do not only in spring but all year round. All the gear you need for fishing can be rented if you do not have your own.
- Camping: Spring is a great time to go camping. There are campsites almost everywhere. What better way to enjoy burgers and roasted marshmallows in the late evening than with wine? Wine and fish pair well together. Before you bring along wine, make sure you know the alcohol laws of the facility. You will need to be responsible, not get drunk, and clean up any mess that you might make.
- Enjoy a picnic: One of the best ways to enjoy spring wine activities is to have a picnic with the family and spend quality time together. You can make it even better by serving the family your favorite wine. You can have a picnic at the local park, beach, or on your deck.
- Visit a winery near you: if you are lucky enough to live in an area where vineyards exist, you can visit a winery for wine tasting. Many of these wineries have wine tasting sessions and you even get to buy wines at a reasonable price. A half-day visit can be a pleasant outing.
- Picking fruit: No matter where you live in North America, there is usually some type of fruit-picking activity during spring. You need to get there early in the morning as it is still cool, wear the appropriate garments, and pick the fruit. Plus, you are welcome to buy the fruit you pick, which is much cheaper than what you would get at a grocery store. To make the fruit picking enjoyable, pack a picnic basket with your favorite wine. Make sure you have a designated driver so that there are no issues getting back home.
Other best spring wine activities that you can combine with wine drinking include starting a spring garden, spring cleaning, sightseeing the cherry blossoms in your favorite park, and watching the sunset from your favorite beach.
If you decide to pursue one of the best spring activities, here are some very affordable wine choices that most people will like:
For more information on how to choose the right wine, contact Pacific Rim & Company at 1-503-863-5454. Their knowledgeable staff can help answer all your wine questions. Get ready to enjoy wine with the best spring activities now!