Don't Like Champagne? Here are Some Alternatives for New Year's Eve
Don’t like Champagne? You’re not alone. Just because it’s been a tradition since the 19th century does not mean it’s a tradition that you have to follow. Start your own tradition! Many enjoyable white wines are great for celebrating events, including New Year’s Eve. If being handed a glass of Champagne isn’t something you are looking forward to, grab a nice glass of something like our Vin De Glaciére Riesling instead to prepare for that momentous toast to the New Year. Ring in the New Year the way YOU want to. There are many delicious white wines to use instead of Champagne for this occasion.
- Riesling. Our home, Washington state is fast becoming a premier wine producer in the USA with superb quality wines, just one example being our 2021 J Riesling. The “J” means “Just Right” and, boy, oh, boy, is that ever true. It has just the right amount of sweetness and intricacy, with aromas of apricot, pear, and jasmine. It is made with the purest winemaking practices possible in the Columbia Valley. This is a great choice for those looking for Champagne alternatives for New Year’s Eve.
- Pinot Gris. Our Pinot Gris is crisp and bright with aromas of vanilla, ripe stone fruits, and white peach blossoms. Its grapes are grown in the Willamette Valley, renowned for its harvesting by hand methods. Pinot Gris is often used on celebratory occasions and would serve nicely on New Year’s Eve. It is a very smooth wine.
- Ice Wine. If you do not like Champagne and still prefer a festive beverage, then you will not go wrong with our Vin De Glaciere. And the alcohol content is just 10%, so perfect for those looking to take it easy. This wine from Yakima Valley is a top-notch ice wine that is not only affordable but has excellent taste. This is our favorite choice among Champagne alternatives for New Year’s Eve.
- Chenin Blanc. If there is a wine for all seasons, then one should not forget Chenin Blanc. This light-bodied, versatile wine with a tinge of sweetness has the ability to adapt to all seasons and tastes. Our Chenin Blanc has flavors of toasted almond, ginger, mango, and dried persimmon. Chenin Blanc pairs with most meaty foods, including ham, lamb, pork, chicken, and salmon. It is another perfect wine to ring in the New Year with.
- Selenium Noble Wine. A rare and remarkable Riesling, this wine was destined to be enjoyed at celebrations. This wine was aged in stainless steel tanks for 10 months and then underwent two more years of aging to ensure its bouquet of apricot, caramel, and honey notes come out just right.
Enjoy the beverage of your choice on New Year’s Eve! There are many white wines to use instead of Champagne for celebrations. Try Champagne alternatives for New Year’s Eve this year. Try something different; go against the traditional grain. Make that choice into one of your New Year’s resolutions to add excitement to the coming new year! Have a good one!